- Must be between the ages of 20 ½ - 44 years of age (applicants must be 21 prior to graduating the academy and must not turn 45 prior to graduating the academy).
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must never have been convicted of or received community supervision for a Class A Misdemeanor or Felony.
- Must not have been convicted of or received community supervision for a Class B Misdemeanor within the past 10 years.
- Must pass the Physical Agility Test.
- Must pass a reading comprehension test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Driving record should reflect prudence and maturity.
- Former military personnel must not have been convicted of any court-martial higher than a summary.
- Must have a stable employment and credit history, Please note: any accounts in collections must be resolved prior to submitting your application, (letters from businesses showing account paid in full or payment arrangements made will be acceptable).